These are my "Into to Summer Reading" books.
- Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris. The newest book in the Sookie Stackhouse mystery series. Put myself on the hold list months ago and just got it today. =)
- Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin. I've already begun this epic fantasy on my Kindle (about 33% through it) but set it aside in favor of N&S. It's good, though, and I'll get back to it.
- Dead End in Norvelt by Jack Gantos. The 2012 Newbery Medal winner!
- Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed. Thought some nonfiction would be a good idea.
- No Country for Old Men by Cormac McCarthy. Saw the movie and loved it. Read two other McCarthy books and liked them. I've read the first 20 pages and know this is a keeper.
Regular readers may notice I've listed several adult titles. I often review children's and YA titles here (especially as I've taken courses on these types of literature recently) and will continue to do so. However, The Prairie Library has always been an eclectic mix and my summer reading will reflect that. My TBR pile is huge. I could keep listing what I hope to read "next." One page at a time, right?