- My answer to this week's Book Blogger Hop question,
- Reflections on completing my first semester at the School of Library and Information Science, and
- This link to my $35 CNS Stores Gift Certificate Giveaway! It ends this Monday! (U.S. and Canada only)
This week's Hop question is: "What is the thing you like most about reading book blogs? Is it the reviews, author guest posts, articles, giveaways, or something else entirely?"
I really enjoy blog articles. Whether they are fancy shmancy and well researched or a more personal, impromptu piece, I find that blog articles give me a look at the person behind the blog. They also invite comments and can bring out a lot of discussion. I do like book reviews. I view reviews as the staple ingredient of a book blog. But any book talk is good talk.
I am officially done with my first semester of graduate school! I submitted my final project/paper last night and it's a relief to be done! Here are the top 5 things I enjoyed from this semester:
- Meeting lots of new people who share my interest in libraries.
- Finding out what exactly librarians do... which turns out to be a lot of complicated things.
- Reading about the history of librarianship and libraries.
- Writing a paper about video games in libraries. (I would tell my husband I was "doing research" when playing games. He wasn't buying it.)
- Creating my own Web page was much "easier" and a lot more fun than I anticipated.