Sunday, February 12, 2012

In My Mailbox: Post Graduation Reading

It's certainly not the first time I've gotten books in the mail but it is my first time participating in IMM. I am getting closer to graduation and the anticipation cursed through my veins and prompted me to order books to read when I'm done. Here's what I got last week:

  • Why Does E=mc2 (And Why Should We Care?) by Brian Cox and Jeff Forshaw
    • An explanation of Einstein's famous equation. I enjoyed all my hard science classes and think I'll enjoy this book on relativity, gravity, mass, etc. It purports to be in layman terms. We'll see about that.

  •  Keeper by Mal Peet
    • I was first introduced to Paul Faustino, sports reporter, in Exposure. He's an interesting character who's intrigued me despite my utter indifference to sports. 
  • The Abhorsen Trilogy paperback box set with Sabriel, Lirael and Abhorsen by Garth Nix.
    • I've read the first two and they were instant favorites. I know I'll be reading them again and again. I began listening to Abhorsen but got busy. I'm looking forward to finishing the series after school!

3 comments:

  1. Ooooh, Garth Nix! He's visiting us here in Singapore in a few weeks' time. I am gearing up on hearing his talk two weeks from now I believe. I haven't read his Abhorsen trilogy yet, but people have been telling me how great it is. I am slowly building his Keys to the Kingdom series, so far, I have three out of the seven books. Enjoy your great reads!

    Here's mine over at GatheringBooks: http://gatheringbooks.wordpress.com/2012/02/12/imm34-more-book-bargains-and-library-love/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Myra, you are so lucky! Enjoy Nix's visit! I haven't read any Keys to the Kingdom books yet but they are on my TBR list!

      Delete
  2. I love that you're reading super-smart books as well as fantasy fiction. It's a good mix!

    ReplyDelete