Sunday, February 6, 2011

People of Color Reading Challenge 2011 Sign Up

My first challenge! Wooo! Ok, calming down.

What is it: "The persons of color reading challenge has been put in place to highlight and celebrate authors and characters of color." Authors and characters of color. I'm going to read that as a book about a person of color counts, too, even if it was written by a white person.

I'm signing up for Level 4: 10-15 books. Since I read several Children's/YA books I think I can handle it. Here's a potential reading list.

Children's and Young Adult Titles:
Adult Titles:
I'll edit the list as I go and update it with links to reviews I've written. If you've reviewed any of these books feel free to leave a link in the comments below!


This challenge is complete! Read my wrap up post here.

5 comments:

  1. This is a good list. Ive read some of them maybe i will sign up and join you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello I would like to present you with the stylish blog award! http://breathingbooks.blogspot.com/2011/02/stylish-blogger-award.html?showComment=1297122071496#c1231660522410993513

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://blackteensread2.blogspot.com/2010/02/male-monday-astonishing-life-of.html That's my review of the first Octavian Nothing. SO GOOD!

    I am so jealous of the three Sherman Alexie books you have already written, I've only read The absolutely true Diary of a Part-Time Indian (which I would highly, highly recommend. Actually it's a must-read. Funny and heartbreaking and oh words can't describe its awesomeness).

    Thank you for signing up for the challenge, I look forward to reading your reviews :D

    One Crazy Summer is excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo, I LOVE The Absolutely True Diary! I read it a few years ago - before I blogged - so it hasn't shown up here yet. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh I see so glad to hear you're read it, definitely a classic :)

    ReplyDelete